Friday, September 12, 2008

Bounty Hunting

When we moved into our Altadena home on a third of an acre, we inherited an orchard.

The problem was that there was no way that a family of three could use all of the lemons, oranges, grapefruits, pomelos, avocados, persimmons, plums, apricots and figs that our yard produced.

Thanks to COFE, the coop food exchange of Altadena, that's no longer a problem. You can read my first-person account of the group in the Home and Garden Section of the LA Times.

It will hit the stands on Saturday, September 13, but you can read it online by going here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm envious. I have lots of property but its on landfill.
Congratulations on getting your message out and published. I may have met you through Grrrl Blather at Church of Angels performance workshop. You performed with a boa?

Susan C said...

Yes, I was the one with the IV pole and the feather boa. I didn't put it together that it was you I met.

datatech57 said...

An IV pole and a feather boa? Oh, please tell me that is on YouTube or something!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Grrll Blather sent me an invite to a recent event (I missed it) Did you perform?

Susan C said...

Ruth, I did the "pole dancing" routine at another venue in June and am waiting for the tape. "IV pole and a feather boa" - does make me sound colorful, huh.

PA, I didn't do the workshops the last semester (good thing with my illness), but plan to hop back in.