Hard boiling eggs can be a challenge for a post-middle-aged woman with traces of chemo brain and ADD. Here's how NOT to make hard-boiled eggs:
- 11:00 AM Place five eggs in a pot. Cover with water. Place pot on stove with flame at medium high.
- 11:01 AM Go upstairs to research on computer how long eggs should sit in simmering water. Bring egg timer to keep self on track.
- 11:02 AM Answer phone. Reply to emails. Answer phone again. Upload photos from digital camera. Stroke cat. Write post for food blog. Sort dirty laundry.
- 12:05 PM Go downtstairs to basement laundry room. On way past kitchen hear two loud POP sounds. Rule out drive-by shooting. Put down laundry basket.
- 12:06 PM Go to kitchen. Follow crackling sound. Discover the "eggsplosion."
- 12:07 PM Turn off flame. Grab keys and head to Everest for a pastrami sandwich.