Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Unhappy Hour

I made a date to meet a friend at NeoMeze for happy hour last night.

Neomeze's quarter-page ad in the Pasadena Weekly boasted that they were "PASADENA'S BEST HAPPY HOUR" with half off alcoholic beverages. This sounded promising because, as everyone knows, cheap drinks are the backbone of a good happy hour. Throw in some good grub, and I truly am happy for at least an hour.

The ad went on to list the restaurant's happy hours, Monday through Friday from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm. My friend and I met at Neomeze on Monday at 5:30 pm, and their doors were LOCKED.

We walked a few doors down for $4.00 sangria and $5.00 tapas at BarCelona.

I called NeoMeze today and was told that their PR company must have made a mistake. I wonder what their PR company would suggest for turning an unhappy hour customer into a happy one.

(Please let me know if you have a favorite Pasadena-area happy hour spot.)

5 comments:

Christina said...

Cafe Bizou's hours are from 5 to 7, and their bartenders do it right. I think it is my current favorite happy hour.

Susan C said...

Christina, I'll have to give Cafe Bizou's happy hour another go. I tried it a couple of years ago and thought the only thing "happy" about the hour was the restaurant - making money from overpriced appetizers. I had two glasses of wine and shared some appetizers, and the bill came to more than $30 without tax and tip.

But, if it's your current favorite, I shall happily return!

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Hit up a Hong Kong-style cafe in SGV for afternoon tea from 3 to 6 p.m. $4.95 buys you entree, drink, and dessert. I'll have to post about Cafe Spot so you can see their selection in particular, but all the other HK-style cafes I've posted about do this too.

Susan C said...

What a great suggestion, WC. I'm not familiar with the Hong Kong-style tea places. It sounds like I'm in for a treat.

Anonymous said...

網頁設計 網頁設計公司 最新消息 訪客留言 網站導覽


情趣用品 情趣用品 情趣用品店 情趣 情趣用品 情趣

色情遊戲 寄情築園小遊戲 情色文學 一葉情貼圖片區 情人視訊網 辣妹視訊 情色交友 成人論壇 情色論壇 愛情公寓 情色 舊情人 情色貼圖 色情聊天室 色情小說 做愛 做愛影片 性愛


免費視訊聊天室 aio交友愛情館 愛情公寓 一葉情貼圖片區 情色貼圖 情色文學 色情聊天室 情色小說 情色電影 情色論壇 成人論壇 辣妹視訊 視訊聊天室 情色視訊 免費視訊 免費視訊聊天 視訊交友網 視訊聊天室 視訊美女 視訊交友 視訊交友90739 UT聊天室 聊天室 豆豆聊天室 尋夢園聊天室 聊天室尋夢園 080聊天室 080苗栗人聊天室 女同志聊天室 上班族聊天室 小高聊天室


AV AV女優


視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友


視訊 影音視訊聊天室 視訊聊天室 視訊交友 視訊聊天 視訊美女 視訊辣妹 免費視訊聊天室


自慰器 自慰器