Friday, November 7, 2008

We have a winner - Wandering Chopsticks

It's a good thing I used the random integer selector on random.com to pick the winner of the copper kettle apple butter from West Virginia. It sure beat writing names on slips of paper and asking my cat to pull one out of a hat.

When the computer program selected #6, Wandering Chopsticks, I thought, "Oh, no. People are going to think this contest is rigged and I'm after the chilli sauce she offered to trade." And a few of you may know that I first discovered Wandering Chopsticks a year ago when I was a three-week guest at Hotel Hope (City of Hope) for a stem cell transplant. WC's blog was a triple E hit with me - it kept me entertained, educated and engaged with food. I spent hours perusing her blog and making lists of foods and restaurants I wanted to try. In the springtime, I had the privilege of meeting her in person during a fruit exchange at my house.

Congratulations to Wandering Chopsticks. I couldn't have picked a better winner if I tried. (But I didn't. Honest.)

8 comments:

JCK said...

Lovely to meet you today. Thanks again!

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Haha! I know I teased about rigging the competition, but after all those nice words, people are really gonna think so! ;)

Anonymous said...

Rub it in.

Patrizzi Intergarlictica said...

Okay, well, it's tamale making season over here-- and I know where your redwoods are.

Petrea Burchard said...

I'm happy for Wandering Chopsticks, but I'm afraid Altadenahiker is going to TP your house.

Piper Robert said...

Hey, Sis, did your apple butter post set a record for comments?

Anonymous said...

I got excited when I saw your Hotel Hope entry. My neighbor John had (bone marrow ?) replacement/transplant there back in 96. I also recall reading about a Phillup Guston mural hidden away somewhere in the older section. Personally, I confess to being a wandering Neanderthal who travels with fork, knife and spoon.

sj said...

yay for WC! I think it's great :)