Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're havin' a baby!

My choices for plantings in my vegetable garden are often based more on looks than taste. Yes, I'm a superficial gardener.

I planted scarlet runner bean seeds because I love the look of the scarlet flowers, not the flavor of the bean. And I planted two watermelon plants because I love the shape of the leaves.

But superficiality doesn't make me any less of a proud mama. One of the watermelon plants has produced a perfect, six-inch fruit. If all goes well, we'll have a few siblings to enjoy as well.



Isn't it adorable?

1 comment:

datatech57 said...

Yes, your watermelon is adorable! Our little garden plot is too small for watermelons and pumkins, we found out the hard way. We do grow cucumbers, but messed up on the timing this year, so didn't get any pickles put up. My husband saves the seeds from those, too!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I will be visiting yours, too!

Ruth